cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Room Kit Plus support 2 cameras?

Alberto Guzman
Level 1
Level 1

We all know that the room kit plus comes with a Quad camera. The question is, can i add a 2nd camera? like the precision 60? Thanks in advance

34 Replies 34

Tianjun Zhou
Level 1
Level 1
Codec Plus support Quad Camera and Precision 60 Camera. The Codec Plus support maximum two cameras,If you connect an extra camera you need an Ethernet switch to allow for camera control on both cameras.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You do not have to buy the RoomKit Plus codec with the Quad Camera - you could purchase it just with a P60 instead (or multiple of).

The RoomKit Plus codec can support up to 3 cameras as it has three HDMI inputs on the back, and each of these can be configured as a "Camera" input.

As mentioned by @Tianjun Zhou, you will need to add an additional switch in between the codec's network port for the camera and the two or three cameras to be able to control them all.

You can use the Input source composition functionality present in the newer CE software releases if you need to show multiple camera sources on the screen simultaneoulsy.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi,

We do have a room kit pro, any chance we can connect 2 quad-camera on it?My only concern is control. Can the Touch10 can able to control the 2 quad camera?

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Alberto,

Yes, you can connect the Quad cam and P60 camera both on Codec plus.

Please make sure main camera (Quad cam) should be connected on HDMI 1 and the second camera you can connect on 2 or 3.

Please see the admin guide-

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce91/codec-plus-administrator-guide-ce91.pdf

image.png

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful....

The information that @Anurag Srivastava provided is old, and a for and old verison of the CE software, especially in the diagram where it says that it will only support two cameras.

The current software release (CE9.6.1) supports all three HDMI inputs for cameras.  See the same Connect input sources section from the CE9.6 Admin Guide.

ConnectInputSources.PNG

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you a lot Wayne.

i supose that both cameras are going to track speakers as usual, right?

The Precision 60 camera by itself does not do speaker tracking, it only does so when it's part of the complete Speaker Track 60 package. 

The QuadCam can track speakers, but a standard P60 will not - but the P60 can used for some basic "tracking" if you use the codec in PresenterTrack mode, BriefingRoom mode, or Classroom mode.

Wayne

Has anyone tried to connect two Quadcams to the Webex Room Kit Plus?  

For a space with 2 audience orientations.

I'm looking at possibility adding two Quad cameras to a Room Kit Plus or Pro as well. If anyone has achieved this, I'd like to hear how this worked out.

Thanks 

I am currently working on setting up 2 Quad Cameras AND a P60 to a single Room kit Pro.

The room is a very wide room, where the two quad cameras will be up front, with the P60 in back for the presenter / presenter tracking.

Using the xCommand Video Layout and xCommand Video Matrix commands, I am taking the three feeds, composing the two Quad camera images onto one screen, and the P60 onto the second screen. The quad cameras were installed in a way that the composed image looks very close to a panoramic view of the room.
Also, between the HDMI and Audio Line out, the audio is very much in sync with the two devices.

So far it works well. The only main kink I am working out is adding in a content share to the setup. In the room today it simply takes over the feed from the P60, but remote user on a webex then lose the presenter feed.

Great info!

I never used the Video Layout feature, couple of questions though:

a) I assume SpeakerTrack no longer functions in this newly composed (2 x Quad) image? 

b) Is it possible to manually pan and zoom or create presets within the composed image?

Thanks again.

I did turn Speaker Track off.  In this setup, i never considered using it, as the composed image is the full room.  The P60 presenter track is up and in full use for the podium speaker.

It doesnt look like you can do any form of pan/tilt with the combined image as it is.  When i try to do any camera control, it still only lets me choose one.  I bet with the macroing system, we can create one that can mimic control of the two cameras, creating the appearance that they are controlled as one.

Can you mail me the xCommand Video Layout and xCommand Video Matrix commands.Actually i Have one spark kit plus,so i want to add one p60 camera in Spark kit plus.i want both image in one screen.

Can you help me out

My Mail ID :shahink.cp@gmail.com