cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Room Kit Plus support 2 cameras?

Alberto Guzman
Level 1
Level 1

We all know that the room kit plus comes with a Quad camera. The question is, can i add a 2nd camera? like the precision 60? Thanks in advance

34 Replies 34

You can, but it's not a setting that is available from the UI as default.  You can change the setting with the xAPI, or with Macros and adding additional Room Control buttons.

See the "xCommand Video Input SetMainVideoSource" command in the xAPI guide.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne

Thank you, I've reviewed the xAPI command you provided, but I'm not entirely clear on how to use it. Could you please provide an example to help me better understand? I apologize for my lack of experience with xAPI commands and the process involved. Additionally, I'm unsure if the command has already been implemented by a previous engineer who was in charge of this configuration. Can you advise me on how to check if this command has already been executed?

The xAPI can be used via a number of methods, if you check out the "Connecting to the API" section of the document I previously linked, it explains each methods and some of the differences.

An example of the command when used in a macro would be:

xapi.Command.Video.Input.SetMainVideoSource({ ConnectorId: [PRIMARYCAMID, SECONDARYCAMID], Layout: 'PIP'});

Where PRIMARYCAMID and SECONDARYCAMID are the camera ID of the cameras you are using (Usually 1 and 2 respectively).  This would have one camera as the main video feed, with a Picture-in-picture view from the second camera.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

yes, you can connect up-to 3 cameras with Codec plus. but the questions are 1. which all 3 HDMI ports we can use it for camera connectivity. 2. How to connect extra Cameras with Codec Plus through Ethernet (Rj45 Camera Control) all the questions are coming to our mind because we have only one port each, specifically used for camera traffic.

Ans : Check the attached picture. extra HDMI input (on codec side) which are using from Laptop connectivity, we can change the connection from PC to Camera from GUI and complete the implementation.See, all the attached.

user HDMI 1 input "Camera Sign" for Quad Camera always.

camera connectivity.jpgsetting from gui.jpgextra switch for camera control.PNG

yes, you can connect upto 3 cameras with Codec plus? but the questions is which all two HDMI ports you can use. check the attached picture. extra HDMI input (on codec side) which are using from Laptop connectivity, we can change the connection from PC to Camera from GUI and complete the implementation.See, all the attached. camera connectivity.jpgsetting from gui.jpgextra switch for camera control.PNG