cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 371 red power light always on

Sweetbeet
Level 1
Level 1

the power light stays solid on red  WAP 371 I bought three of them and they are all the same it is working fine but the light is on

5 Replies 5

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

My name is Eric Moyers,

Could you provide a picture of the lights? What Power source are you using? 

If PoE or Injector the normal power light should be should Green, however if you are using a Power Adapter the power light should be an Amber color.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Cisco Technical Support |
Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered 

You can click my name beside the picture if you need to email me directly 

I have 2x WAP371s as well. They are being powered with an external power source (not PoE). Both have an amber blinking power light. That would indicate to me that something is amiss. I don't see anything in the GUI to suggest an issue. What might be going on?

Hello Eric

Fine to me, but shouldn't  this be described in the Quick Start Guide or in the Adminstration Guide? I searched more then 2 hours to find, that the red power light should be OK, if i'm using a Power Adapter.

The Quick Start Guide gives the following information about the indicator lights:

Power:

Off => The device has no power.
Solid Green => The device is powered on. Normal operation.
Flashing Green => Upgrading firmware or acquiring an IPv4
address.
Solid Red => Booting or firmware upgrade failed.

So I was concerned, that my device was allways booting or the firmwareupgrade had failed :-<

Thanks 

CL

You are absolutely correct, there should be a documentation change to look like this.  

Solid Green  => The device is powered on with PoE or Power Injector. Normal operation.

Solid Amber => The device is powered on with Power Adapter. Normal operation.

That has been requested, not sure on time line to address.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

orhammer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I got a WAP371 and power it with a PoE-injector and have all green power lights.

You have to use the injector designed for the WAP371 able to deliver the extra power (30 watt) needed by the 371. It's named - SB-PWR-INJ2

I haven't used it for that long, but I'm a little concerned that the range of the signal might not be that good. What are your experience ??

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card