Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dual keep-alive links on Nexus 9K

Has anyone ever setup dual keep-alive links for the heartbeat on a Nexus 9K?  I have a client that is looking for full redundancy on all links.  I can't find any documentation on using dual links for the heartbeat.  I tried setting it up through a port-channel but that didn't work.  The port channel would come up but not send the heartbeat data through.  

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have never seen anyone deploying multiple links just for keep-alive.  All you really need is a 1Gig copper or fiber port.

HTH

Neither have I but a client was asking if it was possible. From my testing it's not, I just wanted to check here to see if anyone has successfully done it.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In real world example have deployed many nexus switches, there is no requirement of keep alive link redundency, 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

on a side note, I really only know of a peer keepalive link in the context of vPC. What are you trying to accomplish, dual links with automatic failover?

To have redundant links for the keep-alive for VPC so the heartbeat will continue in case of a link failure.  

Technically as per Cisco Valid Design you do not required redundent link.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card