cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP failed

ASDFA124341
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know why I fail to load dhcp ip when I do dhcp related practice. Attached is the packet tracer file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Villager
Level 1
Level 1

I tested base on your packet tracer file. 

I remove the DHCP server pool . 10.3.1.0/24 network and 10.3.3.0/34, 

after i remove and then I added new config as below. after that your dhcp is working fine. 

I tested on your DHCP server can ping to PC Interconnected Router's interface ip. seen no network issue, That's why I change the DHCP server re-configuration. 

Villager_0-1705849540723.png

Below for DHCP Test result

Villager_1-1705849566411.png

Villager_2-1705849573246.png

Cheer!

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I went to the site, but I couldn't find a solution

Villager
Level 1
Level 1

please share me, which server is dhcp server and which pc is client for DHCP. and then, we should find the root cause. 

I marked the dhcp server, and all servers except the network on the lower right are clients for dhcp.

aa.PNG

And there are no PCs as clients. I don't think servers can be dhcp clients in PT. Add some PC to layer 2 switches to see if they get IP from neighboring server. Don't forget enable and add networks on server 

Update: Servers in PT can have dhcp IP - practice not recommended in real world. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

I proceeded the same as the file of the newly attached packet tracer.

However, in the practice of this file, servers are automatically assigned ip to dhcp, but my new practice does not automatically allocate ip.

Why can't I get assigned when I did the same thing? I wonder what you didn't do.

Click on those servers, go to config of Interface F0/0, change from static to dhcp.

MartinL_0-1705849022912.png

What I posted saying no is this file. The file I posted just before is a successful file of the practice I followed.

Why does this file fail dhcp?

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Dhcp servers have service off under services and dhcp tab.  Once u enable service, u should get some ip form default range already setup for u by default. There should be some examples of dhcp server in PT 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Villager
Level 1
Level 1

I tested base on your packet tracer file. 

I remove the DHCP server pool . 10.3.1.0/24 network and 10.3.3.0/34, 

after i remove and then I added new config as below. after that your dhcp is working fine. 

I tested on your DHCP server can ping to PC Interconnected Router's interface ip. seen no network issue, That's why I change the DHCP server re-configuration. 

Villager_0-1705849540723.png

Below for DHCP Test result

Villager_1-1705849566411.png

Villager_2-1705849573246.png

Cheer!

I didn't assign a subnet mask when I created the dhcp server pool. Your answer was helpful. Thank you.

Villager
Level 1
Level 1

I think, you forgot to add subnet. It's the problem of not getting ip from DHCP server and change .

Villager_3-1705850094524.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card