Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

It appears EIGRP only sends the classic-scale-metrics while operating in non-named configuration mode (E.G. router eigrp # ) AND Always sends the wide-metric format while operating in Named Configuration mode (E.G. router eigrp ROCKS) regardless of t...

fsebera by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Had 4 hours of downtime last night as 1 switch in our stack didnt want to upgrade to version 3.6.3, everytime it booted it dropped to RMON.  Dropping 3.3.5 back on was fine, but no matter which way (Install, Bundle, booting off USB), it would`nt...

I have a Cisco 4510 configured as attached. I have a PC plugged into port gi2/1 with an ip address 10.100.1.201/24.  The PC is unable to reach the switch via ICMP and vice-versa.  None of the Vlans listed in the config show up when I run a show VLAN ...

rx7heaven by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Recently decided to replace my SGE2000 switch with a Catalyst 3560 PoE. I have never actually configured a switch myself, but I have copy/pasted configuration via terminal without any issue.In this case, I keep getting an error of "% Invalid input de...

I have a switch C4503 -E , I seen an increase in CPU with a monitoring tool , without detect a low performance in network for this cause.I have seen with the command ¨SHOW CPU PROCESSES SORTED¨, an IOSD process It is the one that most increases but n...

jbriones by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Need to enable LLDP on a 3750 switch, but command will not take and receive, "invalid input detected". Reason LLDP needs to be turned is for 4 Meraki MR34 access points. MR34 is running in low power mode and Meraki support suggested enabling LLDP (ll...

btedeschi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Guys,  I've been doing this for a little while, however my conscience is nagging me about a few concepts I feel I should have mastery over in the Metro Ethernet environment.  The crux of the matter is that no matter how many times I read lengthy CoS ...

We have taken support ownership of a 6509 and the logs are filled with these msgs. I cannot find any advice on how to get it to stop. it is running 12.2(33)SXJ6. I see no access-list or other config entry that might be generating this. These msgs als...

Hello, everybody. I'm a bit confused about subnetting. I learned to subnet following Todd Lammle's book, but now I'm reading Chris Bryant's Mastering Binary Math and Subnetting and it looks like he has a different approach to the number of subnets. F...