cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transfer the IP Pool and vlan from one VN to another VN

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

we would like to transfer the ip pools and vlan from one VN to another VN(virtual network/vrf). Is it possible to do in DNA center without deleting them. we just want to keep ip pool name vlan as it is and just want to move to another VN so that we can reduce 15 VN created to 4 VN and accommodate C9200 swich in the fabric.

Kindly let me know how to accomplish this.

5 Replies 5

PabMar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You may be looking at the feature SD-Access fabric zones to solve this issue.
You can place all your C9200 switches into a Fabric Zone and only provision up to 4VNs on that zone.

Please have a look at this video from one of our TMEs.

On the other hand, 15VNs seems like a big number, if you decide to go with lower VNs, then that would be a much cleaner fabric. With a lower number of VNs, you can then achieve segmentation with Group-Based policies within the VN using SGTs.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

thank you. I will looking into zone option for 9200. I was thinking that way to put them into antoher Site. about zone option i was not aware. ill look into that.

But My question is that previous engineer created about 15 VNs and and in most of the VNs only have one to 3 IP pools only. i want to move those IP pools to another VNs without deleting the pool keeping them as it is? how can I achieve that? please help . i cannot see that option to do that way. VLANs assinged for ports  across the fabric in different switches. I dont want them to get disturbed.

PabMar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There's no way to move IP Pools between VNs seamlessly. This is traffic impact change.

So, if you need to do this then do on a wide enough change window.

Regards.

Traffic impact i dont care. my issue is the vlan assigned to ports. why it cannot be retained on switches while moving IP pools from one VN to another. 

i guess it's by design. similarly to case when u change VRF on routed interface & u lose IP-addressing .