cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC with Template Editor

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All, the environment is just using DNAC with template editor to setup the catalyst switches and doing some assurance. I would like to ask, using the template editor can do everything to the switches like you are just configuring via CLI? Can it do like advanced routing like dynamic routing protocols and like port channels? Thank you

3 Replies 3

Roddie Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@fatalXerror wrote:

Hi All, the environment is just using DNAC with template editor to setup the catalyst switches and doing some assurance. I would like to ask, using the template editor can do everything to the switches like you are just configuring via CLI? Can it do like advanced routing like dynamic routing protocols and like port channels? Thank you

Yes - A basic template in Catalyst Center (formerly known as DNAC) can contain any configuration (everything under `config t`) commands that are supported by the device and license on the device.

You can also use Jinja2/Velocity scripting to create more advanced templates.  The sample templates that are already in Catalyst Center should give you a rough idea of what is possible.

Roddie

Are we abbreviating Cisco DNAC now as Cisco CC

I wish I knew, but I don't think those decisions have been made yet.