cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN Cisco Modeling Labs Availibilty?

MamboDee
Level 1
Level 1

Does Cisco Modeling Labs (either personal or pro) include access to SD-WAN Components? I do not see a clear answer if the server software will be made available along with hardware platform images. Most tutorials start the process by "Logging into my Cisco account and download the software". Given that I registered and tried to download, only to be meet with "service contract required" message, I think these training folks assume everyone as easy access to a commercial account somehow.

In any case, I am trying to figure out how to train on this software, hopefully without having to sell a kidney.

2 Replies 2

Hi, @MamboDee 

Unfortunately, to create a Cisco SD WAN Lab, you will need a C8000v, CSR1000 or ISRv with a contract, remember that vManage has contacted the Cisco PNP Portal, where it downloads the whitelists, the whitelists are associated with the PNP, with purchase order for any of these software or chassis...

You can download the images download vmange, vbond, vsmart, even c8000v in any portal that is not Cisco, but in any way you will not be able to integrate it into your vManage.. For this reason the trainers assume that they already have everything pre-installed...

@MamboDee unless you are looking to build custom topologies - use the free devnet sd-wan sandboxes or dcloud sandboxes.

Hope this helps. 

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io