Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C8000V Performance Recommendation

I have been looking all over for specifications or recommended deployment configurations for the C8000V.

Looking for a document that might talk to recommended vCPU, vRAM,  vDisk for the C8000V based upon the expected throughput loads.  I see that we want the configuration to be running similarly to CUCM in that it needs to be real time so not swapped out, but nothing on performance ranges based on vCPU's.  Did find one doc that said to support 2000 IPSEC&SDWAN connections it needed to have 16 vCPU's but that is a little overkill for the environment I am looking to deploy.

For either plain routing or for SD-WAN Aggregation node.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally i would mix all in one box, i would prefer to have each service in different box so each can perform their own task.

since this is new product we can only with what people tested and published in the market. or cisco partnet to get right information from TAC.

best i find below guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/routers/catalyst-8000v-edge-software/cat-8000v-edge-sw-miercom-report.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

So looking at the Miercom report, to have 2 G of throughput, I need 8vCPUs and 30 GB of vRAM, which for my initial deployment is sufficient.

Would still like to see from Cisco some additional guidance.

Contact cisco partner to get right information from TAC.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I txt'ed with my Cisco SE and he indicated that the C8000V is really the ASR1000V only under a new name.  He  pointed me to the following Doc https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/cloud-services-router-1000v-series/q-and-a-c67-733687.html?dtid=osscdc000283

that has the following table

RICHARDMESSINGER_0-1703597851210.png

but I am wondering if there is an update for the SD-WAN?