Views
Helpful
Replies

Treceroute rount-trip Cisco C1111

m.x
Level 1
Level 1

Goodmorning,

Or afternoon/evening. I'm looking to trace a packet to and from an external source, like 8.8.8.8. 

Currently it looks lik i'm having an issue with traffic going out via a cabled interface, Gi0/0/1.100, which is good. But the return traffic come via the 4G interface. I say looks, becaus there is not sufficient traffic to determine wheter this is treu. At least that i can tell. 
I believe its an bgp  routing issue in which the route doesnt get properly advertised, but I need to know for sure that the return traffic is comming in via 4G.

Is there a way to check this, other than looking at traffich counters?

Greeting,

Marnix

3 Replies 3

Hello,

basically, BGP choses the best path (the path with the best metrics). Post the running configuration of your C1111 router...

Because the router is not jet in production, i'm looking to see wether the traffic follows the wrong path, by tracing the path to and from an external IP.

If not correct, I wil take a look at the BGP. Right now I would like to add some tracing 'skills' to my arsenal

Hello,

Try setting up a monitoring tool like netflow with collecting the traffic on a collector. Also check the bgp routing table to see which site has the best path.

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card