cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI ESG Implementation

sridcloud
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am working on ACI fabric and have been using EPG with contracts (network-centric), and I want to switch to ESG (application-centric).

The bridge domains have specific subnets (192.168.1.0/24 and 192.168.2.0/24) under the same tenant/VRF. Each bridge domain has an EPG attached to it. The EPGs have static ports mapped to physical hypervisors, and virtual machines are managed under the connected hypervisors.

One of the bridge domains is connected to an external router via BGP-based L3out, so it has an external EPG. However, the external EPG does not have a subnet in it.

With this setup, the virtual machines can talk to each other. The virtual machines under the first bridge domain subnet (attached to the l3out) can also connect to external endpoints.

When I create an ESG under the application profile, I add a tag selector with the IP addresses of specific virtual machines under a couple of select bridge domains. How do I add the external endpoints to the ESG? Can I just put the IP of the external endpoint in it using the same tagged IP selector?

1 Reply 1

sridcloud
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like I need to attach a contract to both external EPG and ESG. Please confirm.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card