Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a Meraki L3 switch be configured for IP SLA

have a network that has Meraki L3 switches in three locations that form a routed ring.  At each location, there is a Firewall connection to the Internet.  customer wants each location to uses its local Firewall to the Internet, but for a failover, understand that there is a higher cost path through one of the other  L3 switches.  The Firewall can not participate in routing information(it is a Meraki MX).

Can I configure an IP SLA that checks for connection up on the other side of the Firewall and then remove the Default route if the path goes down?  I know I can do this with a Catalyst switch or other Cisco Router, but the customer would like to use the Meraki.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2 Replies 2

Hello Richard
My understanding is conditional static routing isn't applicable on the MS at this time.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@RICHARD MESSINGER 

No, you dont have an IP SLA on Meraki. But i did a Ping through API and action required, was not faster than IP SLA but worked for my use case.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card