cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

End of traditional Duo prompt life

tiffany202
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any possibility of the traditional prompt EOL being delayed? Are there any other organizations in a rush to get this implemented before deadline? We are currently trying to test it out within a small group for some apps (based on how we have our apps configured in Duo), but running into issues with AD FS single sign on applications (not being able to create a similar testing group). 

Have there been any common issues once this prompt has been turned on? To include any issues with Verified push? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

landyn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tiffany! My name is Landy and I'm the product manager for the Universal Prompt. From my perspective, and the many customers I have interviewed, we have not seen any major issues with users adopting the Universal Prompt! With proper end-user communications, we have had thousands of customers successfully move all of their applications over to the Universal Prompt with very little to no issue. There are some changes for users to be aware of, such as the automatic factor selection behavior described here.

I do realize for an application such as ADFS that may have many applications that authenticate through it, it is a bit of a challenge to trial this as it is an all-or-nothing change. For this, I would recommend an after-hours testing session since you can quickly toggle between the Traditional and Universal Prompts to test things out. During this testing session, you can also collect screenshots if you provide customized enablement/help material for your end-users. I hope your rollout goes as well as the vast majority of customers who have already successfully switched! If you find any problems or blockers that aren't covered in our documentation, please feel free to drop us a line at duo-universal-prompt@cisco.com and we'll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.

We will be sending updated guidance out in late January to cover what will happen on and after March 30, 2024. Please stay tuned, but in the meantime we'd ask you to make every effort to get your organization's applications updated to the Universal Prompt by that date. Thanks again for posting!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

landyn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tiffany! My name is Landy and I'm the product manager for the Universal Prompt. From my perspective, and the many customers I have interviewed, we have not seen any major issues with users adopting the Universal Prompt! With proper end-user communications, we have had thousands of customers successfully move all of their applications over to the Universal Prompt with very little to no issue. There are some changes for users to be aware of, such as the automatic factor selection behavior described here.

I do realize for an application such as ADFS that may have many applications that authenticate through it, it is a bit of a challenge to trial this as it is an all-or-nothing change. For this, I would recommend an after-hours testing session since you can quickly toggle between the Traditional and Universal Prompts to test things out. During this testing session, you can also collect screenshots if you provide customized enablement/help material for your end-users. I hope your rollout goes as well as the vast majority of customers who have already successfully switched! If you find any problems or blockers that aren't covered in our documentation, please feel free to drop us a line at duo-universal-prompt@cisco.com and we'll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.

We will be sending updated guidance out in late January to cover what will happen on and after March 30, 2024. Please stay tuned, but in the meantime we'd ask you to make every effort to get your organization's applications updated to the Universal Prompt by that date. Thanks again for posting!

Thank you, I did as suggested with the testing. Came across a script issue for one of our applications, along with the browser not redirecting as it should and having to manually click for it to do so. Any suggestions to correct this? (blurred site name to keep it anonymous) I've been hitting no for script and it'll take to follow up screen that sits.

tiffany202_2-1702567454995.png

tiffany202_0-1702567054280.png

landyn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tiffany,

EDIT: I just noticed in the release note for version 2.1.0 that it includes a fix for IE11 JavaScript errors, which very much appears to be the screenshot you shared. Version 2.2.0 is out now, so I'd upgrade to that while you're at it.

Additionally, while a restart of your ADFS servers (all servers in the farm) isn't a requirement, I'd recommend doing so for this type of error occurring post-upgrade as a first step. I'd also ensure that you are running the same version of Duo for ADFS on all servers. If the issue persists following the restart, please contact support so we can assist you further.

Quick Links