cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DUO hardware token usage with third party sites

Tiago_Oliveira
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to use Duo Hardware token as 2FA with third party websites such as Google, Facebook, etc?
I’m looking for a solution of using hardware tokens to replace Duo Mobile.
Tks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just to be clear , Duo D-100 Tokens cannot be used to integrate with third party websites such as Google, Facebook, in a similar method (TOTP) as Duo Mobile, is that correct?

Correct.

Do you have any guidance of what we should do in a custom web application to support D-100 hardware tokens as 2FA?

If your web application is integrated into your edition of Duo, you can use D-100 tokens as an authn method. Please see our WebSDK and Auth API documentation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

DuoPablo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Tiago_Oliveira ,

Duo D-100 hardware tokens cannot be used with other MFA providers, and Duo does not provide the token seeds.

Can I obtain the token seed file to use my Duo D-100 hardware token with other MFA providers?

D-100 tokens also use HOTP while most 3rd parties rely on TOTP for their passcodes. For your use case, any TOTP-supported hardware token should suffice if you are looking to replace Duo Mobile as a 3rd party TOTP authenticator.

Hope this helps!

Hi Pablo
Tks for your response.
Just to be clear , Duo D-100 Tokens cannot be used to integrate with third party websites such as Google, Facebook, in a similar method (TOTP) as Duo Mobile, is that correct?

Do you have any guidance of what we should do in a custom web application to support D-100 hardware tokens as 2FA?

tks in advance

Correct.

If your web application is integrated into your edition of Duo, you can use D-100 tokens as an authn method. Please see our WebSDK and Auth API documentation.

Quick Links