Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DUO - Limits

ShelBytes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know how to protect my users and not my computers.

Indeed, I put Cisco DUO's agent on my main PC. BUT, if an hacker has my password, he could logs in on an other PC of my parc.

In fact, this ohter PC has not the agent, so the MFA is not required and my account is not protected.

Thanks in advance !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're correct. Duo protection for Windows Logon requires installation of that application to provide MFA protection to the workstation where it is installed. That is how it works.

If you are looking for a solution that applies protection to Active Directory directly, so that any login to any device or application using AD creds is subject to the MFA configuration in AD, well, that solution is not Duo.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're correct. Duo protection for Windows Logon requires installation of that application to provide MFA protection to the workstation where it is installed. That is how it works.

If you are looking for a solution that applies protection to Active Directory directly, so that any login to any device or application using AD creds is subject to the MFA configuration in AD, well, that solution is not Duo.

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links