cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook Web Access

dave7707
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Win2k server running OWA in the DMZ passsing data to the Inside Exchange server. It is not working correctly and we are on the phone with Microsoft but they can't find anything wrong. I have the correct ports opened from the DMZ server to the Inside Exchange server. Do I need to use the Established command to make OWA work correctly? Any help is appreciated.

4 Replies 4

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Setup a debugging log file to determine what is being denied by the PIX. Capture this log in case you need to open a TAC case. This, with your ‘show techsupport’ should be all they would need.

clark-david
Level 1
Level 1

What doesn't work?? What errors do you get?? what ports are open on both the DMZ and outside interface??

Dave

srittenberg
Level 1
Level 1

is port 143 open (IMAP)? I think OWA require port 143 open in order to work.

ReevesS
Level 1
Level 1

Different versions of Internet Explorer access the OWA in different ways. Try accessing OWA (from outside) with IE4. If that works, but IE5 and 6 won't access, you may have to code your Exchange Server to have all versions of IE access OWA in the more restrictive, older way. I saw an article on this recently. If I find it, I'll reply back.