cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upload and download a startup-config using TFTP on cisco 7507?

alexadao
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my dilema:

I have a Cisco 7507 with two slots (2 and 3).

hw-module slot 2 need to be replaced.After couple days, I received a new hw-module and put on slot 2. I had the startup-config from a CUT/PASTE on notepad and did a config t and paste the commands, when it finished I did a "copy running-config startup-config". I relized that the CUT/PASTE from notepad didn't work because of some extras espaces. Later, I found out that Capture text output from windows Hyperterminal would help the choice.

Now, I can't login because it can't see the TACS, so I may need to apply password recovery or some how be able to configure terminal and copy the startup-config. My question is: What is the best way to copy a startup-config file if there is no ipaddress assigned to the device. How can use TFTP to copy the startup-config file?

--Thanks for any help,

Alex

3 Replies 3

s.uslay
Level 1
Level 1

tell me if I am wrong. You had RSP on slot 2 and 3 and 2 was active. Now, you must be using RSP on 3 as active. Once you put new RSP into slot 2, it should sync the config on slot 3 with your first "wr mem" command .

i.e ..

RTDC04#wr mem

Building configuration...

[OK]

Copying config from Master to Slave...

Serhat

That could've been nice, but I think or maybe the RSP on slot 3 was not configured. I little bit confused. what service single-slot-reload-enable realy means?

--Alex

Alex,

do you have the following lines in your "sh version" output ? (I would not think so...)

Slave in slot 3 is running Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) RSP Software (RSP-DW-M), Version 12.1(19), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Copyright (c) 1986-2003 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Tue 04-Mar-03 09:43 by kellythw

Slave: Loaded from system

Slave: cisco RSP4+ (R5000) processor with 131072K bytes of memory.

If you have "no slave auto-sync config " in your config, run "slave auto-sync config". But before running this you have make sure that the mode that you are using 7500.

"sh version and sh config" will be required.

The following link gives description of single-slot-reload-enable as well as all the other useful info..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00800ca787.html

Serhat