Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Forum Posts

Guys I need help with this assignment and I'm new to this course 1) 2 2811 routers with serial interfaces2) 2 2960 switches3) 1 3560 multilayer switch (this is the routing device)4) 4 end devices (2 connected to each 2960 switch)5) 1 end device conne...

Is there an expected lifetime for transceivers? I don't find anything on this in the specifications. Here's a previous answer claiming 1 million hours but no documentation for that.How do I know when to start proactively replacing old SFPs? Is that e...

kevingrss by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Cisco Community,  Hope all is well! If I am going to install a A900-IMA2Z - Ten Gigabit Ethernet XFP/SFP+ Interface Module on a ASR-920-24SZ-IM , will it automatically support 10G without installing any additional licenses?  Thanks,Mark

¡Good morning! ¿How can get certified to support submarine cabling technical repairs? (I love scubadiving, I'm an actual expert and champion swimmer with good physical condition),t I attached a photo example as well, cheers. Thanks.

Hi folks, Getting a new circuit installed at datacenter (1 Gig fiber MM handoff) and my thoughts were to use the one of the 1Gig ports using a SFP GLD-SX-MMD on the router(4461X).Connecting to the CORE switch(4507) I had envisioned connecting one of ...

johnny_5 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes