Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP for Endpoints Verify Connector install

I have a problem with a client, where an old endpoint solution could check which machines have the client installed or not over the application. In AMP4Endpoints, is it possible via UI / API to check which machine has the connector installed or not, or only via ISE with Posture?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Maiquel Consalter,

you also may take a look on this code sample on Github: https://github.com/Cisco-AMP/amp4e_ldap_tool

Greetings,

Thorsten

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

as AMP4E is desgined as a cloud native platform there is not feature available to find rogue systems on the network with the connector installed. How your old endpoint solution solved this?

Greetings,
Thorsten 

Hello @Troja007 

The old endpoint solution integrates with Active Directory and checks the machines OU has installed or not. I don't know the solution in-depth, but the solution is Bitdefender. I caught a python script where check the machines in the cloud and put them in the file (machines_amp), and I did a python script where connect in the Active directory and put the machines in other file machines_ad. In 2 files machines_amp and machines_ad I run the Linux command diff, and saw the machines differently so, we know what machine does not have the connector installed. For now, solved. The solution the customer chose, is the Microsoft SCCM for control this like as said for him, the AMP is not the MDM solution.

you also may take a look on this code sample on Github: https://github.com/Cisco-AMP/amp4e_ldap_tool

Greetings,

Thorsten

Hello @Troja007 

tks, i will check. 

Hello @Maiquel Consalter,
what i forgot to mention. If you want to check the connector status and you have Orbital installed, you can query all details. Orbital works independent from your Connector installation.

Greetings,
Thorsten