cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo APP only show Two Accounts

jean bormanieri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I'm testing the DUO plataform for RDP authentication.

I created an account for admin DUO portal and associated to my fone and registered on DUO App. 

After that, I enroll my main user account (Ex: my-admin) and also register this account to my cel phone and DUO App. At this point, both accounts appear correctly on my DUO App. Also, I did tests with both accounts logins, and in both bases, the push was sending correctly.

After that, I enroll a third account (Ex: my-daily-account) and also register to my phone and DUO App. (Yes, I use the accounts). At this point, I noticed that in DUO App, only my admin account and this new my-daily-account appear in the account list.

I test the push notification for the 3 accounts, and all of them are pushed correctly. But in the DUO App, I can't see my-admin account anymore, and because of that I cannot see the code access for example.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an alternative to showing more accounts in the APP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you see is correct. In Duo Mobile the accounts aren't per-user if the end-users exist in the same Duo customer account. The phone itself is its own object in Duo that can be attached to multiple user objects.

To share the same Duo Mobile push activation between multiple users you should only activate the phone once for one user, then when you create the other users you want to share the same phone you just edit the properties of those additional users to assign the activated phone to them too. You will only wind up with a single user account showing in Duo Mobile that can accept push requests for all users associated with that activated phone.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you see is correct. In Duo Mobile the accounts aren't per-user if the end-users exist in the same Duo customer account. The phone itself is its own object in Duo that can be attached to multiple user objects.

To share the same Duo Mobile push activation between multiple users you should only activate the phone once for one user, then when you create the other users you want to share the same phone you just edit the properties of those additional users to assign the activated phone to them too. You will only wind up with a single user account showing in Duo Mobile that can accept push requests for all users associated with that activated phone.

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links