cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Android approve/deny button notification swap

jgilfoil
Level 1
Level 1

Just got the new 4.0 mobile update for android. Why on god’s green earth, would you swap the approve/deny buttons placement in the push notifications? I have already denied quite a few push requests so far and it’s pretty frustrating. Is this a bug?

23 Replies 23

Trent_M
Level 1
Level 1

I created an account specifically to come here and figure out why, on god’s green earth, they would make this decision. I’ve been using Duo for work for 4 years, then suddenly they swap the button locations and now my muscle memory is clicking deny CONSTANTLY. This was a terrible idea.

You’re claiming you made this move to put it in alignment with other apps, but this decision was made out of the blue and is INSANE. I adapt my workflows per app, not based off of a universal layout. You can do all the research you want, but you’re completely ignoring the human aspect of app design and usage. You conditioned us to use your app in a specific way, then you pulled the rug out from under us. Again. I’ve been using this app for FOR YEARS. The constant accidental denial of login attempts is so disruptive and infuriating.

ITEM93
Level 1
Level 1

Hoping to bring some positivity to this thread.

The button swap did throw me off at first and too but after a couple of days I’ve been able to adjust and get used to it.

As someone who is right hand dominant, I also think it will be more convenient in the long term.

A change like this also helps to make approving logins much more of a conscious decision rather than just relying on muscle memory.

I definitely feel the frustration every time I hit the deny button by accident, however those times are getting fewer and fewer each day.

enTrance
Level 1
Level 1

I created this account after wondering why I was constantly hitting the deny out of nowhere. Personally, I am left-hand dominant and got used to quickly tapping the left side of the screen to approve. I think there should be an option to switch back to the way it was.

smcadam
Level 1
Level 1

This change continues to be EXTREMELY frustrating, so too was the color change as I am colorblind. this ignorance of color choice is poor form for a web designer. Give us a choice of which side we want the approve/deny to be on, it can’t be that hard, please become user friendly.

ciphernemo
Level 1
Level 1

Duo, I hope you’re enjoying all of the 1 star reviews on your mobile app for Google Play store right now thanks to your changes after “years of accessibility audits, user complaints, and many hours of usability research and testing”. More 1 stars than 5 stars. Doesn’t seem like that study was worthwhile now, does it?

2X_5_5e5ad61a3e337be70bd72819ee8f7d9d64d526a1.png

otstrel
Level 1
Level 1

I registered only to wish Duo developers have buttons in all applications they use every day being constantly moved around. Just so that they can have some taste of their own medicine. Should I have any influence on IT infrastructure decisions in my company I’d use it to move away from Duo, you don’t deserve any better for treating your users like this.

this update sucks so bad it forced me to create an account on a 2fa forum to complain. 2 months later and I’m still clicking deny on a daily basis. 2 months later and a 2.9 rating in the Play store for a 2fa app. How bad of a designer do you have to be to get a 2.9 rating for an app that you interact with for a grand total of 5 seconds. I don’t give one single about whatever design principle you’re adhering to, switching the placement and messing with the millions of people who use this on a daily basis is BAD DESIGN. all your “extensive testing” apparently missed USER ACCEPTANCE TESTING where current users are tested. screw you

Hi, I can appreciate how frustrating this change has been for you and countless others who used Duo Mobile prior to the latest update. Change can be difficult to adjust to, and this is especially true when that change seems unnecessary. We welcome open dialogue and even criticism of our apps and products, as honest feedback is crucial to improving them.

That being said, I edited your posts to remove the profanity, as it is a violation of our community guidelines. Please keep the conversation clean and respectful. Thanks.

Cheryl_Healy
Level 1
Level 1

I am having serious issues trying to access my account that is linked to all my social media that is backed up with my kids pictures that i bave lost over the years due to phone issues. Can i get some help. I am very distraught and the site is borderline useless and no one I can call in UK (from what I can see).

I really am desperate. Help me PLEASE.

Quick Links