Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber JVDI External calls fails

lenhardtmartin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'd like to ask you for some hints which could help us solve following problem for Jabber JVDI running on Citrix.

When user connects from his private Laptop (BYOD, Win10 x64, Jabber JVDI Client 14.2.1 , to Citrix Workspace) and want to make external calls (cellphone example) from jabber connected to CUCM as softphone, immediatly gets following pop up error (attachment) , which says : ,, The phone will be used by another application , would you like to use this phone on this computer ? " By clicking yes , call dropp . Internal calls works well .

There is no other app running used for calls , only jabber .

We´ve tested again on a Company Device ( Win11 x64, Jabber JVDI Client 14.2.1, Citrix Workspace) user can do phone calls via JVDI without any restrictions (internal, external) – everything works fine.

We run:
Jabber for Windows Release 14.2(0)
Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI 14.2.1 for Windows (64-bit)
Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI 14.2.1 Agent

Thanks for any hints !

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

The error has nothing to do with VDI and is not really an error message.
You get this message, when the user is already signed in into jabber on another device, where the softphone is registered.
And it's normal, that the call drops on the first jabber, if you click "yes" on the second jabber. Because you are de-registering the softphone of the first jabber, and register the softphone again on the second jabber.

The softphone can only be registered on one jabber (one pc) at a time.

i think he know that this is the normal thing of this message... Unlikly i have same Error with the Version 14.2...

In most departments its workes fine.. but in one department the Cisco Jabber 14.2 make the same problem like describted and i still dont know why... When we change to 14.1.4 there is no problem.

and i guess the Problem is in the newest JVDI Client, if i install the old jvdi client and the new Jabber Agent/Client in Citrix, there is no problem and its works.

Hi , thanks for reply .  What version of JVDI Agent/Client you running exactly ?

Regards!