cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client reset by CUCM or Windows Server admin

cdevkota-sc
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to reset jabber clients for the users by admin to push new change. We don't like to ask all the users every time when we make any changes on the server side to push to the client. What is the best way to handle this? We are using jabber for VDI.

4 Replies 4

Hi @cdevkota-sc ,

All Jabber changes are managed by the CUCM and client are notified to get the xml configuration file every time a change and phone reset is made through CUCM Ad min page.

What other changes do you mean on VDI Server side?

Please let me know.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

What I mean here, when we change any policies on the service profile that does not apply to the client without resetting the jabber client app; we don't like ask user reset jabber by themselves. What is the best way to apply any policies changes without user intervention?

When you make a change to the configuration in CM that affects Jabber or other CSF type of clients you should not need to do anything specific for it to pickup the changes. If you do want or need to do anything it should be a reset of the CSF devices from the CM admin webUI. There should be no need to perform anything on the client itself.

Response Signature

Hi,

If you mean UC Service profile, you don't need to reset jabber from client side but apply the config to CSF Phones so you can apply the new profile to the users Jabber

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"