Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue w/ Jabber and HP Webcam

arthur.hilman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having some trouble getting Jabber for Windows v 9.1(1) to work with the webcam built into my laptop.  The laptop is an HP EliteBook 8470p, with a built in webcam (made by Sonix, I believe) running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  I have tested the camera and it is rcognized and working in Windows, but not in Jabber.  When I go to Options --> Video, Jabber sees the "HP HD Webcam (Fixed)", but cannot seem to pull the video feed from it.  It simply gives me a white box with a spinning circle.  Please see the screenshot.  Not sure if anyone else has seen something like this, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks         

5 Replies 5

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is usually caused by unsupported camera drivers. We have seen cases where Customer used Microsoft updates to automatically find a suitable driver for HP laptop built in camera and this resulted in incorrect driver. Please visit official HP website and download the camera driver recommended for this particular hardware.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Maqsood,

Thanks for the reply.  That was the first place I went.  I have updated to the latest version from HP and still no dice.

Hi Arthur,

Have you tried any virtual webcam drivers as a workaround e.g. Arcsoft virtual webcam driver etc?

Thanks,

Maqsood

Same results....

arthur.hilman
Level 1
Level 1

The ArcSoft Webcam Sharing Manager seems to have fixed the issue.  The Arcsoft virtual cam driver had no effect whatsoever, but the Sharing Manager did it.  Jabber now sees a "ArcSoft Webcam Sharing Manager" as a second camera and is able to access it.