cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco anyconnect VPN is not able to reconnect after 1 disconnection

amorrow
Level 1
Level 1

I have a MacBook Pro (Sonoma 14.3.1). When restarting my computer, I am able to successfully connect to VPN with Cisco anyconnect VPN. However, I am unable to re-connect to the VPN, and receive different errors such as "The VPN connection failed due to unsuccessful domain name resolution" and "Cannot run Any Connect - VPN service is not available". I need to restart my computer every time I need to reconnect to my computer. Many of my co workers are having this same problem and IT is unable to help.

I used to be able to fix this without a computer restart by running "

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagentd.plist ; sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagentd.plist". However this no longer works after upgrading Cisco Secure Client to 5.1.2.42.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Many of my co workers are having this same problem and IT is unable to help.

ask your IT to raise TAC case to investigate.

as per the error, it shows that your list not able to resolve the issue this could be many reasons, This is typically caused by the VPN client trying to establish a connection but not recognizing the server name. This may be caused by a wrong VPN server name, a bad internet connection, or an issue with the VPN client, among other reasons.

when you have issue, check ifconfig (see any other IP address other than your DSL provided IP)

try nslookup mydomain.com (your VPN FQDN see you able to resolve the issue)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

amorrow
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for this response.

ask your IT to raise TAC case to investigate.

-> we have raised this issue to IT, but they have deferred it as a bug in cisco anyconnect VPN software.

This is typically caused by the VPN client trying to establish a connection but not recognizing the server name. This may be caused by a wrong VPN server name, a bad internet connection, or an issue with the VPN client, among other reasons.

-> the VPN server name and internet connection are not the problem. We know this because each time the computer is restarted, the VPN works. The VPN only stops working after the computer goes to sleep, where an error is received. See the attached images below, which show two errors which are returned interchangeably after 1 reconnect. After this point, the only way to get the VPN working is to restart the computer. 

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 8.38.02 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 8.31.53 AM.png

  

but they have deferred it as a bug in cisco anyconnect VPN software.

you need to contact here your IT suggest software upgrade to fix the issue.

I have asked some quesiton in the past psot  -  can you read and address them ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help