cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML 2.7.x IOS XRv 9000, commands missing

salbad97
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CML 2.7.x to build a L2vpn xconnect/vfi/etc, and when trying to issue the command: ethernet-services access-list name, it does not accept it, and it gives unrecognized command. I need it to create a L2 access-list to stop BPDU MAC address on the VLAN rewrites from the xconnect. It gives the below:

salbad97_0-1714673412683.png

Can someone help in this issue please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ramblin Tech
Spotlight
Spotlight

XRv9K does not have feature parity with eXR running on actual 9K hardware; notably, its L2VPN data plane is quite incomplete (eg, no EVPN, no VPLS). It does support a working VLAN-tagged EoMPLS data plane and sometimes you can emulate other services (eg, multi-point EVC) by looping attachment circuits back into the XRv9K or terminating them into a "bridge-on-a-stick" (ie, unmanaged switch).

I have never been able to find a definitive list of features supported by the XRv9K, as its docs are woefully lacking in that regard (or my searching ability is woefully lacking). If you have an appropriate service contract, you might try XRd vRouter instead (not the control plane flavor). I do not know for certain that XRd vRouter supports what you need, but there is probably a better chance that it does, or will in the future. My gut says that Cisco's XR BU will focus all virtual XR DE resources on XRd and not develop anything new on XRv9K.

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ramblin Tech
Spotlight
Spotlight

XRv9K does not have feature parity with eXR running on actual 9K hardware; notably, its L2VPN data plane is quite incomplete (eg, no EVPN, no VPLS). It does support a working VLAN-tagged EoMPLS data plane and sometimes you can emulate other services (eg, multi-point EVC) by looping attachment circuits back into the XRv9K or terminating them into a "bridge-on-a-stick" (ie, unmanaged switch).

I have never been able to find a definitive list of features supported by the XRv9K, as its docs are woefully lacking in that regard (or my searching ability is woefully lacking). If you have an appropriate service contract, you might try XRd vRouter instead (not the control plane flavor). I do not know for certain that XRd vRouter supports what you need, but there is probably a better chance that it does, or will in the future. My gut says that Cisco's XR BU will focus all virtual XR DE resources on XRd and not develop anything new on XRv9K.

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO

Thank you, that was very informative. I will just study the theory behind it, and try it on actual 9K hardware if possible.