Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvw34067 - [7.3.3] AMP service hanging/unable to stop - 1

Does it affect system components to download, the AMP service for us is running fine. However we see repeated alerts for Component download failure. I can confirm that we are not blocking any AMP requested URLs. Can the bug owner confirm that this is part of expected behavior of this particular bug.

3 Replies 3

BT3493
Level 1
Level 1

I have noticed the same behavior on a number of our servers runing7.3.3 or 7.5. I am curious as well if this behavior is related to this bug. Hopefully this new 7.3.9 connector will solve it. I have seen one server throw a "Component Download Failure" event today after the 7.3.9 update, so maybe this is a different issue. It has been happening on servers that had no changes except for the AMP connector.

Thanks for the update, we have upgraded to 7.3.9 as well.. and having same issue. I have a tac case open since 21 Oct. I have asked tac to get dev team to open a separate issue for "component download failure" alerts, but no response from Dev team. Still waiting...

DaphneG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're running 7.3.9, it's probably no longer related to this bug: CSCvw34067.

I suggest checking the Error Details of the event, if the current version is the same as the pending version, then the event was probably generated (but sent later) when the connector failed to connect to the Behavioral Protection (BP) server to download a new component/signature. We have an enhancement filed with the engineering team for the connector to check the connection first before attempting to download to avoid generating this event.