Hello everyone! Here are the release notes for the most recent updates we’ve made to Duo.
You can subscribe to notifications for new release notes by following the process described here. If you have any questions about these changes, please comment below.
- Universal Prompt Language Support
- Directory Sync Cancelation Option
- Public Preview for Device Management in Duo Central
- Duo Central Tiles Support More URL Schemes
- Applications Filter and Export Functionality in the Duo Admin Panel
- Added Timestamp Filters to the Telephony Log Report
- Windows 10 Version 20H2 End-of-Life in OS Policy
- Duo Authentication Proxy Version 5.7.1 (Security Updates)
- Duo Device Health Application for Windows Production Version 2.25.2
- Duo Device Health Application Public Beta Version 2.25.3 for macOS and 188.8.131.52 for Windows
- Duo Mobile Version 4.16.0 for Android
- Duo Mobile Version 4.16.0 for iOS
Universal Prompt adds support for fifteen languages
- New language support for Chinese (Simplified), Czech, Danish, Finnish, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese. The end-user’s browser language settings determine the language shown in the prompt as well as the language used for Duo Mobile activation and SMS passcode text messages.
- Note that this set of supported languages does not apply to authentication by phone callback. Phone callback supports English, German, French, Spanish, and Japanese, and will default to English when a user’s default UI is configured for another language.
Added the ability to cancel a Duo directory synchronization in progress
- The Directory Sync detail page displays a new Cancel sync control while a full Azure Active Directory sync, Active Directory sync, or OpenLDAP sync is in progress.
- Duo will not revert attribute changes applied to synced users when a sync is canceled. After canceling a sync and updating the configuration, running a full sync is recommended to avoid leaving users in an unexpected state.
- The Administrator Actions report lists a canceled sync Action as Sync failed. The Action Detail displays that the sync was canceled and the administrator who canceled it.
Announcing public preview for device management in Duo Central
- If configured by an administrator, end-users can now manage their devices via a Manage Devices link in Duo Central. The link loads the same self-service portal accessible from the Universal Prompt, where end-users can add, remove, or update their own Duo MFA and Duo Passwordless devices. Note that Duo Passwordless is currently in public preview.
Duo Central tiles support more URL schemes
- Duo Central tiles now permit URLs that begin with schemes other than http:// or https://, such as rdp:// or ssh://, to allow you to link to web applications other than websites.
Added filter to list Applications reaching end of support
- On the Applications page in the Duo Admin Panel, there is now an End of Support filter that displays protected applications that are approaching or have reached End of Support status.
- Protected applications that meet this criteria are still displayed under All Applications.
- The Applications page export also now works with both the search filter and the End of Support filter.
Added timestamp filters to the Telephony Log report
- On the Telephony Log page in the Duo Admin Panel, there is now a Time Range filter that supports control over the report range. These function the same as the timestamp filters on the Authentication Log page.
Windows 10 version 20H2 will reach end-of-life in operating systems policy
- Starting June 14, 2022, Duo operating system policy will treat Windows 10 version 20H2 as end-of-life following Microsoft’s end of servicing for this version.
Duo Authentication Proxy version 5.7.1 released with security updates
- Fixed issue with DuoConnect integration.
- macOS beta version 184.108.40.206 and Windows beta version 2.25.3
- Increase in version number to allow testing of silent updates.
- Customer organization name now displays on full screen Duo Push authentication.
Duo Mobile for iOS version 4.16.0 released
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and behind-the-scenes improvements.