Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot install in a Vivo smartphone

Jinjian_Chen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I do have a Vivo smartphone running Android 11 and I am unable to download Duo Mobile App from Google Play Store. The message showed is the following: “This app is incompatible with your device.”
My College demands me to get this specific app to secure my account and I am unable to do it.
Unfortunately, the university only provide this way to use 2-factor authentication.
I have tried many ways including creating virtual machine by VMOS, etc. While the android version is too old.

Can somebody help me fix this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Jinjian_Chen ,

We can’t guarantee Duo Mobile support on customized or non-standard Android distributions, and it sounds like that the case for your Vivo phone. This knowledge base article has a bit more info: Can I add Duo Mobile accounts on an OPPO ColorOS, LineageOS, OnePlus device, or other non-standard Android device?.

Please share this article with your university’s help desk and request they provide you an alternative Duo authentication methods to log into their services.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Jinjian_Chen ,

We can’t guarantee Duo Mobile support on customized or non-standard Android distributions, and it sounds like that the case for your Vivo phone. This knowledge base article has a bit more info: Can I add Duo Mobile accounts on an OPPO ColorOS, LineageOS, OnePlus device, or other non-standard Android device?.

Please share this article with your university’s help desk and request they provide you an alternative Duo authentication methods to log into their services.

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links