cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5 to 14 Pre Upgrade Check

Joseph Lombardo
Level 1
Level 1

Preparing to upgrade CUCM 12.5 to 14 and ran the ciscocm.preUpgradeCheck-00033.cop.  Everything pass but database sanity check on the publisher.  I get the following message.

" administrator " present in "applicationuser" table. it is recommended to fix the entries before upgrade.

I put in a TAC case asking why the administrator user is a problem and the only answer I got was you have to remove it and here is how to do it.  But why is it a problem and it is really necessary to remove it?

Based on audit logs it looks like the only thing that uses that account are intermittent soap connections from the IM&P servers.  I could probably remove the administrator app user but I am not sure what it may break if I do.  Has anyone just ignored this message and proceeded with the upgrade anyway?

I have a test lab setup that is a copy of our existing cluster and I didnt have any issues upgrading from 12.5 to14 keeping the administrator account.

3 Replies 3

This is very specific to your specific system. It’s not very common to create additional application users for administrative purposes. If it’s the at installation created administrator user that it’s complaining about then I would question what the TAC engineer told you. We have never had any issues with this account.

Response Signature

yerbol
Level 1
Level 1

hi
I wanted to ask if there are analogues of the test lab. Tell me where you can test the update, and are there any instructions or videos that you can watch

Thank you in advance

As your question is off topic to the OP it is recommended that you create your own post to ask your question.

Response Signature