cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lagging in just particular file when using Cisco Packet Tracer

Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have some problems with my laptop when using Cisco Packet Tracer. The first time i had worked on it to do my project, it still worked properly. But in the second time, it had some problems like some lags... I brought it to service store but they just said it was a software problem... I have some doubts that the laptop made a error/corrupted file.

I tried with both version (8.2.2 and 8.2.1)

I got a weird error with my project file, the rest is fine.

Can anyone tell me what is the problem I met?

Thank so much

52000846_1-1714315595056.png

My laptop information.

52000846_0-1714315525224.png

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

thanks <3.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

PT is free but u must watch 1 section of Intro to PT course;  some other sites share illegal version on the Net.  did u got PT from Cisco Net Academy or Skill 4 All legal site ?

is the issue with PT software itself or with particular lab file ? what is the issue? does it happen on brand new PT file lab ?  Open an sample of any lab from PT main Menu to see if anything happens?  IF u have too many devices and /or complex topology PT will freeze for a minute or longer !

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses ** 

I received Cisco Packet Tracer from my teacher. The issue arises almost consistently when I attempt to create a new file, yet I'm uncertain why some files encounter this problem. Specifically, I'm unable to click the forward button to expedite the convergence time of the switch. When I attempt to click it, nothing happens, and this may result in some lagging, eventually leading to a 'not responding' message.

Interestingly, when I opened my friend's file, which has a broader scope, the forward button works correctly.

I have attached the file. Could you assist me in identifying the problem? Is it related to hardware or software? Since this is the second time I've encountered this issue, I suspect there may be a corrupted or erroneous file on my laptop.

Yes, it is a bit slow at very beginning and in Sim mode there is some lagging but lab did not crash; it is probably due to Port Channel links; try shut down 1 of 2 links on each channel for testing, save, and reload or find pt file here and try it;

Tested on Win 10 

Regards, ML

It's working, thank you so much, my hero <3. But i have a little confuse that why etherchannel function makes this?

I am sure u know that PT is just a sim; not real IOS but a simulator based on IOS behavior; some features are not available (plus commands are missing) and some features work but not exactly like real IOS; although it's getting better for last 20 years.  

it is PT software; Some features like etherchannel or having lots of devices and/or multiple connections will  slow down PT algorithm.   What works and how is described under PT Help menu. 

Regards, ML

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card