Networking

Collaborate with peers and Cisco on all aspects of your network, including Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNA), routing, switching, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Browse the Community

Cisco Catalyst Center

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions. For production dep...

2183 Posts

NFVIS Solutions

Join peers and Cisco experts to discuss Cisco’s Network Function Virtualization (NFV) products and s...

12 Posts

SD-WAN and Cloud Networking

Join this community to interact with your peers and Cisco about SD-WAN and all things related to sec...

2131 Posts

Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.

105731 Posts

ThousandEyes

Join us for information about our use cases, common troubleshooting, discussions, getting started gu...

142 Posts

Activity in Networking

Multicast - DR / forwarder election

Hi, I'm trying to prefer R2 route for the multicast traffic (without using static mroute)  from R1 (receiver) to R4 (source):Receiver (R1): 10.10.10.10Source~(R4): 10.0.45.5I'm completely new to multicast and still trying to understand how it works b...

D1984_0-1715540011987.png
D@1984 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

MAC Flapping Port and Physical interfaces

Hi Team,  am using 2x9300 catalyst switches and i have configure two interface from server with two different VLAN 148, 14 and between two switches I have port Chanel with trunk . am getting this error on both switches , thanks in advance for your as...

uni1389 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Problem with N9K since upgrade

Hi everyone,We have 2 N9K C93180LC-EX with 5 N2K-C2348 FEX attached (dual home).We experienced some issues during the upgrade as we are getting some ports in "inactive" status. We tried to understand where the problems is but we can't figure it out. ...

AK59_0-1715682105834.png
AK59 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

arp -a

Our gateway mac address is different when we give arp -a in cmd the mac address is another show when we trace it shows a student mac what could be the problem?

DAI conflict with inter-VLAN routing

Hey community, I have a 3-tier architecture, with 4 VLANs 10-40, I configured inter-VLAN routing on distribution switches and it's working fine, however when I pursued to configure DAI on access and distribution switches inter-VLAN routing is not wor...

raoufesi by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

nexus 7000 eem not runnig cli commands

Hi, I am tryning to run a python script from a eem to send an email and I notice that I am no capable of running any cli command from the eem.  eem example: event manager applet sendemail event cli match "conf t" action 0.5 cli command "enable" actio...

ASR 9001 need to configure as BRAS for PPPoE users

I have ASR 9001 and OS is asr9k-os-mbi-6.1.1.04I/0x100000/mbiasr9k-rp.vm.I am try to configure BRAS but some commands line are not showing like: BNG command global and on interfaceBBA group, Need suggestion and help Thanks 

yaqoobkk by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

OSPF dynamic failover on two GWs

Hi everyone,I have 2 Aruba GWs and 2 L3 cisco switches with their respective VLANs and Network subnets.Both GWs are active and each cisco forwards traffic to it's respective GW.I want to achieve a dynamic traffic failover (ospf) if one of the GWs wou...

Paco-Paco by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

C9500 SVL - ISSU via DNAC Failure

Hi. I recently attempted to update 2x C9500 in SVL via DNAC from 17.6.4 to 17.9.4. It initally looked to be progressing all ok with being distributed then activated on each unit. DNAC then stated process had failed. I manually checked switches via CL...

Marco111 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Flex Anyconnect vpn and site to site VPN

Hello all, I need your help to come up with a solution.A user is connected remotely to host location via flex Anyconnect remote vpn(vpn pool - 172.17.1.1 to 172.17.1.40). And also, there is a site to site VPN between the host location(192.168.1.0/24)...

MriduD by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Changing interface 5 minute input rate

Hi,I am not able to find the command to set the input rate average calculation on the interface.I used the command once, but I have lost the reference to the documentation.Can anyone help me?I need to monitor the output in the interface for a period ...

mcardell by Cisco Employee
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

350X firmware upgrade stack

I have a pair of SX350X switches which are stacked and running our core network.Is it possible to do a firmware upgrade on these without any downtime?

s464 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Use two vpc peer-link in Cisco N9K

hi,is it possible to configure two vpc peer-link (port-channel trunk) between two N9K?i.e. port-channel 1 would be a temporary trunk and uses MM fiber cable and port-channel 2 would be the 40GBASE-CR4 pre-fab direct cable.the 40GBASE-CR4 would arrive...

Share your Expertise

Level up by answering questions in your area of expertise.