cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

shown username password wrong

jubayer_riyel
Level 1
Level 1

I made a mistake with the command Copy start-up running-configuration instead of copy  running-configuration start-up, which showed me a Duplicate sequence number,
after that when I am going to open a second cli then shows the Wrong username and password.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Connect console and try Local login if you created.

depends on device, go for password reset using ROMMON.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Copy start-up running-configuration instead of copy  running-configuration start-up, that showed me a Duplicate sequence number,
after that when I am going to open a second cli then shows the Wrong username and password.

May be config might have different, if the credential not working, then you need to reset password. following reset password process

or try reboot if you have not saved the config.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@jubayer_riyel hi, if you mistakenly changes or forgot the password, you need to proceed with password reset process. his depends on the device type and model

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

I did not change my password, just summit the below command
Copy start-up running-configuration instead of copy  running-configuration start-up, which showed me a Duplicate sequence number,

@jubayer_riyel this can be due to password difference between your startup and running config. using 'copy start-up running-configuration' command device replacing your existing config with last saved startup config. if you missed to save configuration to startup after change password today or previous time, this command revert that to last saved password. you can try using last known passwords to test. if not need to use recovery procedure. 

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB