Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP data on BVI

Michael Voity
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I just migrated from an ASR9001 with 6.3.3 to a NCS-57C3 with 7.7.2,  Config is almost the same and everything is working as it should.

I have 4 BVI interfaces, which i know for a fact are moving data, are reporting on 3 of my SNMP servers that its 0.0 or -nan for input and output bits.

What am i missing?

I found out the Hardaway that i needed to enable "hw-module vrrpscale enable"

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

7 Replies 7

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Michael Voity 

This is strange no? This command increase the scale limit of VRRP sessions to 255..... I'm wondering about the connection between the command and the SNMP reporting.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

I don't think there is any connection between vrrpscale and SNMP,   I only said it because it enabled me to use HSRP and had to do a reboot to make it work...

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

This is a known limitation of the platform.

Instead of polling SNMP IF-MIB poll IP-MIB.

https://snmp.cloudapps.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?objectInput=ifmib&translate=Translate&submitValue=SUBMIT

https://snmp.cloudapps.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?objectInput=ipmib&translate=Translate&submitValue=SUBMIT&submitClicked=true

Instead of “show interface bvi8888” command use “show interface bvi8888 accounting” and “show interface bvi8888 accounting rate”.

Thanks,

Sam

Thanks Sam, 

Now i need to figure out how to get cacti and librenms to do do this.

Thanks for the pointer.

-Mike

Sam

So is this command output accessible to SNMP?  We are seeing the same issues moving from 9006 or 9901 to 57c3.

thanks

Greg

I haven't worked with that platform as much so I'm not positive. Were you able to try the workaround to see if it works?

Sam

Reply from Cisco TAC:

Current Status:

Not able to poll BVI interface statistics using SNMP and PRTG tool

Action Plan:

Thank you for your patience. I have investigated internally and found that polling of BVI interface statistics on this platform is not supported on any version. There is no collector registration for generic stats for BVI interfaces and since SNMP uses these stats, it cannot monitor these interfaces.

As of now, it is not supported on any version. This has been confirmed by our internal developers.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.