Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup Wireless for the dental office

Long Ly
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

the dental office has the router RV042G. It does not have the wireless feature. I would like to set up wireless for this office. However, I am not sure which device is good for this environment. I had picked the WAP371 but it did not work. 

Could you please give me the advice for this setup?

Thanks

Long

9 Replies 9

Rosica Sareva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sir,

Can you, please give more details of what exactly didn't work with the WAP371?

Also, if you will go for another model - can you share more details on what is needed - 2.4GHz and/or 5GHz radio? How many devices will connect simultaneously? 

The WAP371 did not work because I could not see it in the FindIt utility tool. I reset it for a few times. Then, I tried to connect it (192.168.1.245) from laptop (192.168.1.10) using crossover cable. I disabled other adapters including wireless. However, I still could not ping the device. The public firewall is on (laptop).

The purpose of this Wireless Access Point is used for staff and patients. We don't have any wifi at this office now. it needs to have 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio.
Thanks,
Long

I just recently setup 3 Cisco WAP371 wireless access points using a laptop.  You don't need a crossover cable.  If it is not on DHCP then you should be able to access the WAP371 at 192.168.1.245 using your browser.  Ping should work also.  Maybe you want to reset the WAP371 to factory defaults.

This device has not been configured. So, I cannot access it using the web browser. That was why I used the crossover cable to connect it from my laptop.

@Long Ly wrote:
This device has not been configured. So, I cannot access it using the web browser. That was why I used the crossover cable to connect it from my laptop.

You do not need a crossover cable to connect to the WAP371 wireless access point.  The web access is available when the WAP371 unit boots up so you should be able to connect to it to configure it.

How do you connect it using the web browser?

I may of figured out why people are having problems with their route statements for static routing on the RV340.  When you enter a route statement under IPv4 the default interface is WAN1 not VLAN1.  Make sure you change the interface when setting up a route statement for your local LAN.

Tooth 14, the stalwart first molar in the upper left quadrant, emerges as a cornerstone of dental architecture, typically making its grand entrance between the ages of six and eight. In the intricate mosaic of the mouth, each tooth assumes a distinct numerical identity, with tooth number 14 reigning as the left maxillary first molar, a formidable presence among its peers. Examining tooth 14's anatomy unveils a symphony of cusps, four in total, meticulously arranged into pairs. The robust Mesiobuccal and Distobuccal cusps command the chewing domain, while the understated mesiolingual and distolingual cusps grace the tongue's terrain.

Rooted firmly with three fused entities, tooth number 14 stands as a steadfast sentry, firmly anchored within the upper jawbone, guarding against the perils of displacement. Beyond its structural prowess, tooth 14 assumes a multifaceted role in oral function. It facilitates the establishment of a proper bite, aids in the efficient mastication of food, and plays a pivotal role in speech articulation. In harmony with its neighboring teeth, particularly tooth 13, tooth number 14 orchestrates a synchronized ballet, ensuring stability and alignment within the upper quadrant. As part of the sequential eruption of teeth 12, 13, and 14, it marks a significant milestone in dental maturation, unfolding its presence between the ages of 13 and 15 years. Thus, tooth 14 emerges not just as a singular entity but as a linchpin in the intricate nexus of dental anatomy and function.

Well! read about it in an article of tooth 14

Go and check it out.