cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130W Captive Portal Agreement doesn't show

mbiracree
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up a couple of RV130W's and even though I've entered the text in the "Acceptance Use Policy" box and chosen the "Enable" button on Agreement, when I connect to the SSID I don't see the text I just get the Login box.

I've tried restore backups, reflashing the bios, choosing the Default Portal and switching back to my custom one, nothing works.    I've tried from multiple devices: Ipad running ios8, Android phone running 4.4.2 and a Windows 7 laptop.

Does the feature just not work?

9 Replies 9

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. You didn't mention, but I have to ask. Did you click save down at the very bottom. Did you go under Wireless/Basic Settings and select a profile and enable that? No offense intended. If you did.....

Could you attach or send to me (mouse over my picture and you will see my email) screenshots of your Portal Profile, Portal Preview and User Accts, that are set up. Also screenshot of the Basic Settings tab. 

Or if you prefer you can call  our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can work directly with you.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hi Eric,

Yes I did the saves, no offense taken, I work Support too ;)

I'm attaching the screen shots you asked for.   In the preview I do get a Mixed Content warning about some content not secure, but I get the text box either way after answering yes or no.  Do you know if there's a size limit for the text?  If I put a single word in, it seems to work, but if I put in our disclaimer which  is a couple paragraphs it doesn't.

Thanks,

Mike

Thank you for responding back.

You may have found it. I did not think to ask that question. On our access points that do captive portal the limit is 4096 characters for the Acceptance Use Policy. That is most likely the issue.

I wanted to quickly get back to you on that. But I will research it here and confirm. If I cant find documentation on that. I will get one of our RV130's here and test.

Eric Moyers

Well, I trimmed it down to only 306 Characters but it's still not showing.

I will pull one out and test here. I should be able to tell you something within 24 hours.

One other question are you typing in the field or copy/paste?

Eric Moyers

Copy/Paste.  I"m putting in the same agreement text that we use for a Guest agreement in our Cisco 2106's.  I'm attaching that, it's only 1360 characters.

I have been able to replicate this issue in my lab. This is a really strange issue. There are two steps we can take from here. 1st since typing into the box works, you can type the policy into the box. The current length should be fine. (In the lab, I typed some of it, but the entire thing.) 2nd step if you would like to pursue, would be to call in and open a case. Then, since this is reproducible, we can escalate to our level 2. This, while not a devastating issue, is a convenience issue and something that should be looked at. But in order to promote this up we need to have a case to attach to it.

Eric Moyers

Tried typing in the whole policy and still no go.  I ended up just putting "By using PCHP Public Wireless, you agree to the Terms & Conditions posted in the Lobby of this PCHP Health Center.  Check the box below to continue." and that displays fine.  I'm guessing that it's not really 4096 characters that can be entered.

Thanks for the help Eric!

Wow, Ok I will keep testing from here. Just for curiosity sake to see where the limit ends and get an official clarification on the limit for the box.

Thank you for for patience and understanding.

Eric Moyers