Views
Helpful
Replies

Retrieve Serial Number Info for Cisco WAP4410N Access Point

wilson-leong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have tried to retrieve serial number info for 3 units of the Cisco WAP4410N Access Point devices via Web GUI and CLI, but it seems can't find the serial number info for this model.  

Kindly advise further, thanks.

Regards,

Wilson Leong

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can see backside of the physical device.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @wilson-leong ,

the only way I can see in order to get the serial number of the device is to look on the label on the back of the device which shows:

SERIAL Number

MAC Address

PID VID

Hope it helps.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Hi Liviu,

Noted with thanks for feedback.  I know that we can look for the physical device's label that have the serial number info. 

Anyway, could I know is there have other way to obtain the serial number aside from physical look for it? As the Wireless AP device was mounted on quite top of the ceiling and is bit hard to climb up to check for it.

Kindly advise further, thanks.

I don't think you will be able to retrieve the serial number other way than looking at the device. It's a consumer grade device, administered using a web interface which is designed to be as simple as possible. I doesn't share the same amount of information about the device like your usual Cisco router or switch.

I used one of these a while back and I don't remember seeing something like enabling telnet or ssh for remote administration.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Hi Liviu,

It's ok. Understanding it. 

Anyway, thanks a lot for your kind feedback.