cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Audio Over Speakers for Local (Not Remote) Meeting

darrenmcnew
Level 1
Level 1

We have installed a Webex RoomKit Pro.  We have combined this solution with a Shure Audio setup (Rockville Amp, Shure wireless mics (lapel, handheld, tabletop) including Shure AP as well as Shure speakers).

Testing with a remote meeting, all works well.  I can hear audio on my remote machine coming from the microphones.  When speaking through the remote machine, I can hear the audio coming from the Shure speakers in the room.

My quesiton and believe will soon be an issue is audio coming from the microphones through the speakers for a local meeting.

While doing testing, as it's a large conference room for large company meetings, if I speak through the microphone, nothing comes out of the speakers.  I have a wired microphone that I can plug into the "Proximity" connection on the Rockville Amp, turn up Mic1 volume, and bam, I can now here myself doing a local meeting.

This issue comes with this;
The large conference room is full of people, but I have to have a meeting setup for remote attendees.  I know the Shure wireless mics will give audio to the remote attendees, but this will not provide audio over the speakers for the local people in the room.

Am I really going to have to use two microphones?  Or is there a configuration in the Webex admin portal or in the Shure software, where I get the best of both worlds?  Where I can have the wireless mic not only give audio to the remote attendees but also over the speakers to my local audience in the conference room?

3 Replies 3

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

I'm not certain about your exact models of devices you are using, but the Room Kit Pro does allow you to route the incoming audio source to local sound reinforcement (AKA local speakers) along with sending the audio to remote participants.

Check out the customization guide, page 56-58: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/roomos-1011/desk-room-kit-boards-customization-guide-roomos-1011.pdf

Thanks for this.  I will take a look and play around with these settings and test.

Equipment:
Rockville RCS180-6
Shure Devices:
MXWANI8
MXWAPT8Z10
MXW2SM58
MXWNCS8
MXW6CZ10
MXW10Z10
MXW8Z10
MX415LPC
WL183