Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Calling - Crestron Mercury registration

corneliss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are busy migrating from an on-premise CUCM Cluster to Webex Calling.

We currently have Crestron Mercury devices registered as 3rd party sip devices on CUCM.

I have been trying to register this device to Webex Calling as Generic IP Phone as we only need to get voice services working.

There is no official documentation on this and I was just wondering if someone has tried doing this. It should be as simple as adding a username and password and pointing to the provided domain. 

We are working with the Vendor but just wanted to see if someone else has tried doing something similar or maybe know what the limitations are when using Generic IP Phone on Webex Calling Hub.

2 Replies 2

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, 

I have not worked with a Crestron Mercury, but one thing to keep in mind is the Crestron needs to support TLS 1.2 in order for it to register to the Control Hub directly. 

If the Crestron is not TLS 1.2 compatible then you could possibly  register it to a local gateway , then the local gateway is registered to Webex Control Hub. 

Thanks I was under the impression that TLS 1.2 is supported but thanks for that input because I see there is a new version for this product even though its discontinued. 

Current Version: 1.5003.00032
New Version: 1.5003.00032.001

I will definitely chat to the Vendor as well on using a local Gateway to register it to.

Will let you know if this works and Crestron because they don't even know.