cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the second port ATA 192 (Webex Calling)

johnmannarino1
Level 1
Level 1

How do you configure the second port on the ATA 192? I set up the first port using the flow: Add workspace, add device, add number. But now when i try to configure the second port, i am only given the choice to pick from existing users!

6 Replies 6

I believe there is an similar way to what dtibbe provided but you can use a workspace license instead of a professional license. If you create a second workspace with Webex Calling but no device, you can assign a common area license to it. Then you can assign that number to the second line of the existing ATA since the original workspace has no device already assigned.

Pasha Teplitsky
Level 1
Level 1

So when you add an ATA, one of the ports has to be assigned to a user?

Right?  What if you want one port to be a fax machine and one port to be a credit card machine?  Do you just have to create a dummy user with a more expensive license since you can't seem to assign a second workspace?  This is rather frustrating.

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

If you open from the device page, you may scoll down in the slide out and configure the ports. There should be already the first one assigned and you may assign a second user (with its number/extension).

So before you need to configure a user, assign a WxC license and an extension. Both lines need seperate licenses.

But what if you want to assign the 2nd port to another workspace for a single purpose device like a credit card reader or postage machine?

I have this exact same issue.  I can't assign another workspace for the secondary line.