Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Virtual Template type

WonderfulIT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Just setting up Anyconnect on an ISR4431 and i'm trying to run the command "interface Virtual-Template1 type tunnel" but it's saying "vtemplate1 was originally create with type serial" however when i initially ran the command to create it "virtual-template 1" i didn't specify anything and it didn't complain ? I've deleted it off and ran the command of "virtual-template1 mode auto" as this is the tunnel type option it gave me but i still get the same error ?

what am i doing wrong ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
If the virtual-template is already defined and being referenced in an IKEv2 Profile when you see this error, then you'll have to create a new virtual template with the changes you want and then modify the IKEv2 Profile to use the new virtual-template. You can then just delete the old one.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,
If the virtual-template is already defined and being referenced in an IKEv2 Profile when you see this error, then you'll have to create a new virtual template with the changes you want and then modify the IKEv2 Profile to use the new virtual-template. You can then just delete the old one.

HTH

Benoit Baudin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the same problem, and I'm looking for an other solution because we have lot of routeur with exatly the same configuration and we can't use an another virtual-template ID.

I have two solutions currently :

1. Change the virtual-template ID
  2. Reload the router after supress the wrong virtual ID to flush the active configuration.

If you have an another way to solve this solution, it will help a lot !

Thank you for the share.

Regards,

Benoît