cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apply SSL cert to interface on replacement ASA device

charlesedstrom
Level 1
Level 1

We recently replaced an ASA 5508-X with the same model due to a failure. Most of this was setup by a previous admin so we have lost some knowledge. 

The SSLVPN using Anyconnect was setup by them and working well. We had an SSL cert installed as well. After replacing the ASA, it does not allow us to select the SSL cert previously used and loaded on this new device. 

I've gone to the Remote Access VPN > Advanced > SSL Settings > Certificates, and opened the edit dialogue for interfaces outside. However the drop box does not display any certificates.  The guides I have found are for loading a new cert through ASDM. 

Any suggestions on how to change the settings to use the existing certificate for an interface? Or am I looking at going back to Step 1 and loading the certificate as if it is new?

2 Replies 2

Hi @charlesedstrom 

Did you export the certificate and the private key from the original ASA and import to the new ASA?

If you didn't export the certificate and prviate key, you might have to regenerate a CSR and get the certificate signed from the new ASA.

Unfortunately the old unit died and there was no more access. Thanks for confirming we will need to start over.