cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect installer does not work

Lena.222
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently trying to create a VPN connection to connect to the network of my university. But the Anyconnect installer page always stucks at "the installer is detecting your operating system and CPU..." but then nothing happens anymore. I tried to do it using several browsers, incl. Chrome, Safari and Firefox. My laptop is a Mac and version 10.11.6 is installed. Since I am in urgent need of this VPN connection, I would really appreciate any hint that might helps to solve this problem! Thank you in advance!!

6 Replies 6

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Can you verify if you have java installed?

Here the link from Apple:
https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi, 

Thanks for your support! 

I just checked it and installed the latest java update but still it doesn't work. 

You've installed the Java from java website or Apple? You need to have both otherwise it won't work correctly.
Have you tried with another laptop?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Any help you can give?

Sorry i was on my travel back from Cisco live.
Your issue is related to your browser. Have you checked if activex were authorized? Also can you add your anyconnect url into trusted site and test again?

Thanks
Francesco

alanh808
Level 1
Level 1

Users were having the same error when installing too.  A user eventually found that he was able to install using Safari.  It didn't work with the other browser they normally use.