Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I interface with UC540 in hotel to reduce extension privilege

Javier Conejo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody and thank you,

The context: Hotel. I have to reduce extension privilege so that the customers are not allowed to dial outside when checking out of a room.

It has to be done through software automatically. I've been downloading tons of PDFs, but none states clearly the posibilities and what is available for different technologies !

Is there a provisioning XML for UC540 ?

And for CME ?

How do I setup on UC540 ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Javier Conejo

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Javier,

Everything you look at will be totally out of SBSC scope if you want to do hospitality setup, but let me be clear the UC500 was not designed for hospitality so dont expect support from Cisco on this venture

There is one alternative that will work but might not be liked, but reverted to using it on a recent install.

Load up office manager (latest version) on every system at reception, when a patron checks out, use office manager to place outbound call restrictions on the phone, and make sure you program a hot button to the reception phone on each room phone.

This is the best I can offer you

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks, it is a "valid answer", but won´t work for me.

My CallAccounting software has to talk to the UC500 in order to do the task.

The alternative you propose would require using another software to do the task.

Do you say that it can´t be done with UC500 ?

If not, is it posible to do with CME ?

Regards,

JC

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

This can be done manually by changing the ephone template and calling restrictions within CME or CCA.  You would need someone to write a TCL script to make it automated because you have many different variables.