cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues integrating Motorola WAVE with CUCM and configuring SIP Trunk

zernab
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having issues getting two Third-party SIP Device (Advanced) registered in CUCM. At worst, my two devices say "None" for their status, and at best they say "Rejected" (at least when this happens, I can see the IP Address where my client soft phones are sitting and know it is successfully able to reach the client endpoint). 

There's a couple of configuration steps both in WAVE MS and Call Manager to allow for a phone call between two WAVE Desktop Communicator soft phones, and I'll list out the steps I've taken here. In CUCM I have:

• Created two manually created users under User Management > End User
  • Created a "Softphone Partition" under Call Routing > Class of Control > Partition 
  • Created a SIP Trunk and gave the destination IP address of the WAVE MS and ensured the correct port is set
  • Created a Route Pattern and associated the "Gateway/Route List" in the settings to point to the SIP Trunk and the Route Partition to "Softphone Partition", both created above
  • Created two Third Party SIP Devices with mostly the default settings set for configurations. Important settings selected were 
    • Owner = Anonymous (Public/Shared Space)
    • SIP Profile = Standard SIP Profile - Port Restrict
    • Digest User is set to one of the manually created user for each device
    • Set the associated Line [1] directory number to match the route pattern

In WAVE, I have:

• Selected checkbox to "Enable SIP Signaling" on the WAVE Media Server and ensured the listening port matches the one in CUCM's SIP Trunk
  • Added a SIP Registrar containing the IP Address of the CUCM server
  • Created two users to match the manually created ones in CUCM, and in their E164 Directory Numbers section given the extension number that matches the corresponding user in CUCM
    • Selected checkbox "IP Telephony Enabled" on the profile associated with the users

Can someone give me some pointers as to why these two Third Party SIP devices might be having issues registering with CUCM?

0 Replies 0