Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing into and out of VXLAN environment

NetworkRequests
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm working on a VXLAN deployment and although I can find lots of information about how to deploy VXLAN I can't find any information about options for routing between the VXLAN VRFs and the undelay routing protocol which is required for clients on the LAN to connect to servers in the VXLAN environment.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what hardware and code you using in the deployment,

just for reference below guide (Hope you may come across this ) -  guide explain underlay and VXLAN

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-9000-series-switches/guide-c07-734107.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

I've just built a test network and running different NXOS versions, 9.3 and 9.10.  I will change to a single version next week.  I've almost got it working so I'm happy with the VXLAN config side of things.  My question is around now I have the server subnets in a  VRF i need to setup routing between the default and VXLAN VRFs.  I haven't found any coverage of this within the VXLAN config searches.

I have found a Cisco community string by jpl861 https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-knowledge-base/eigrp-inter-vrf-redistribution/ta-p/3136798,  on inter-VRF route redistribution which looks good so I'll try that.  Can you confirm that with VXLAN and IP anycast in their own VRF that inter-VRF route redistribution is required to access the rest of the network.  Just want to be sure there isn't any special features within VXLAN VRFs that negate this requirement.

Cheers

The vxlan need GW to connect to outside your DC. 

GW is not usual GW but the GW that run bgp and advertising vxlan vni subnet to outside DC. 

I will check doc. About this point and send to you 

MHM