Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 site to site access issues

SimpleDave
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

We have 2 locations that are connected site to site with a rv320 at each location. We are now trading them out for rv345 at each location. 

We are using site A: 192.168.1.x  and site B: 192.168.2.x 

I am able to establish a tunnel connection but am unable to get data across the two. I believe I may be making an error in how I am setting up the access rules. I should be allowing any traffic from 192.168.2.x / 192.168.1.x from interface VLAN to interface ANY? 

I have read and watched a number of guides but typically firewall exceptions get less attention in them. Possibly there are more firewall items to be considered? 

I have not made any changes to either rv345 other than changing one to a 192.168.2.1 and using the VPN wizard/rules access. 

Thanks in advance for any insight or help. 

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is the VPN up ?  Make sure you have ACL allowed to get access ? ( Local Groups and remove Groups)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/Configuring_Site-to-Site_VPN_on_the_RV34x.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I will reset the units and give this a shot the next opportunity I have and will return with results. Thanks everyone

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

In all RV34X/RV260x/160x routers:

- just configure the site-to-site tunnels as per the settings required in the S2S GUI config pages ONLY

- DO NOT ADD ANY ADDITIONAL/MANUAL/EXPLICIT ACL-RULES (PERMITS/DENY/ETC) FOR IPSEC TUNNELED NETWORKS...there is NO NEED. 

- All the required permit/nat-bypass firewall rules are added "implicitly in the background" by the system when you configure VPN tunnels (including for s2s, client-to-site, sslvpn, l2tp-wIPsec, pptp)

=======================================================