cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 Remote Management

JPNYC
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to enable remote management on a RV320.

I have enabled remote management in settings and set a custom port but cant log in. Do I need to create some type of rule?

5 Replies 5

psandel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

My name is Puneet Sandel and I am from small business support center. As per your query/issue please confirm whether the WAN IP you are getting on the WAN port of the RV 320 can be pinged from the workstation from where you are trying to remotely manage RV320. If yes, try accessing the GUI for the remote management by typing in WAN IP along with port number provided (443 as default).

For e.g. 190.24.34.47:443(where 190.24.34.47 is the WAN IP and 443 is the port mentioned under Firewall Basic settings for remote management.

In case you are still facing the issue kindly give a call at Cisco frontline number (Link mentioned below) so that we can assist you further on this one.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

Technical Consulting Engineer-Level 2

Global CX Centers – Small Business Support

Hi,

Yes I can ping it. It is also working when I use the default port 443.

If I try any custom port 8080, 444, etc it s not working.

Thank you

Still unable to connect when I use a any port other than 443

psandel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please make sure the port which you are using in open from your ISP end. You can check the same on grc.com >> Shields Up.

Also try changing the port in firewall Basic settings from 443 to 80 and try with port 80 first.

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

Technical Consulting Engineer-Level 2

Global CX Centers – Small Business Support

Hi, it is not a blocked port issue. I think it is a bug in the firmware.

If I disable HTTPS I can not choose any custom port - only 443 works.

If I enable HTTPS I can choose any reasonable port I like.