Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Login Remember Me Feature Not working

Mike Wagner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We recently deployed the RDP agent to all of our Windows systems (server and workstation). We were excited when logging in locally to have the “Remember Me” option. It worked fine for the first week or two, but no longer works. The box is checked, and it’s enabled in the policy, but we can lock the PC, walk away for 5 minutes, come back and have to Duo auth again.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This KB article describes some common reasons that an existing Duo for Windows Logon trusted session might end unexpectedly.

Do the systems where you see this have multiple NICs (like both wired and wireless or servers with dual cards)? Might they be systems on WiFi bouncing between access points?

The next step to troubleshoot this would be to enable debug logging for Duo on an affected Windows system, and then look for where it determines there isn’t an existing valid session to see if there’s a recognizable cause.

Duo, not DUO.

AbelInglis
Level 1
Level 1

We also get this problem, I've logged tickets with Duo Support about it but got no joy. Happens to everybody in our organisation including people that are sat at home connected to their WiFi, with AnyConnect VPN to the corporate network, that don't move the laptop and are not in range of multiple access points etc... First time I've seen another post about it but would love other people to comment to say if they've also had this issue and resolved it.

Quick Links